Each summer, around 500 economically disadvantaged youth from all over Maine attend Camp Susan Curtis. Please note: due to Covid-19 related circumstances, for summer 2020 we will be using a Hybrid program model. Please see our program page for details.
At our top-notch facility, youth participate in a variety of curricula designed to help lay a permanent, critical foundation helping economically disadvantaged Maine youth develop the individual character, self-confidence and skills essential to becoming independent, contributing citizens. Our programs are tuition-free for all participants, financially supported almost entirely by donations.
Here’s how you can help
- For 2020 only, the new giving levels below are available:
- Keep the Wheels Rolling ($50) – CSC Mobile Teams will be traveling across Maine to deliver physical distancing activities and CSC Kits full of Camp Fun for kids to enjoy at home. We need: Gas Cards, Books, Amazon Gift Cards (to purchase kit contents). Sponsor a kit for $50. We can put your name on it if you choose or you could write a note to enclose.
- Strengthening Families ($50): Families can reserve a Family Night Box with a fully prepared meal, discussion topics, recipe and ingredients for a dessert to cook together, a board game, and movie suggestions with popcorn. Sponsor a box for $50. We can put your name on it if you choose or you could write a note to enclose.
- Support our Staff Heroes ($10 – $150+): For the health & safety of campers, Staff will be mostly unable to leave camp during a session. Help them have a great time during camp time off by supporting the Night Off Lounge. We need comfy chairs, outdoor patio furnishings, Amazon Gift Cards for Big Screen Movies, and fun supplies for theme-based events & food. Sponsor a Trivia or Family Feud Night with a virtual vendor for $150.
- You can be the reason a Maine child is able to participate in our life-changing programs.
- Gifts by Credit card — one-time or recurring gifts (annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly or weekly gifts). Use the form on this page to submit a gift online. Or call us to make a credit card donation over the phone at 207-774-1552. (You can sponsor a child’s full session with a recurring gift of just $25 per week for a year.)
- Gifts by check/mail — send us a check payable to: Susan Curtis Foundation at 1321 Washington Avenue, Suite 104, Portland, Maine 04103
- PayPal Giving Fund– follow the link to make a gift through PayPal
- If your employer matches the charitable contributions of employees, you can double your gift. Ask your employer, please!
- These gifts can mark a special occasion in your life or the life of someone special who shared our belief that every child matters.
- If you shop at Amazon.com, click this link for Amazon Smile and 0.5% of your purchase price will be donated to Susan Curtis Foundation.
- Check out Giving Assistant
- You can support the programs of the Susan Curtis Foundation with a gift of stock or appreciated securities — avoid capital gains and receive a tax deduction at fair market value at the time of your transfer. Click here to view stock gift instructions.
- Connect your gift today with the future of Susan Curtis Foundation by joining our Wishboat Society and receive potential tax benefits. Planned gifts include bequests, securities, charitable trusts, life insurance, gifts for pooled income and endowments, and estate planning. Contact your financial advisor for guidance. To learn more about planned giving options, click here.
- To help keep Camp Susan Curtis running, we rely heavily on in-kind donations from supporters around Maine and beyond. Click here to view our wishlist
- We also benefit greatly from our in-kind sponsors for our special events. For more information on event-related in-kind donations, please contact our administrative offices at 207-774-1552 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have been able to come to this amazing camp.”John